
I was the youngest in my classroom during my middle school days so everyone in my class was slightly taller than me. Every year school used to arrange games competition. All the students in the class were given a chance to participate in the first round of selection. I remember only participating in racing competition because my family never allowed me to participate in games outside school hours.
I used to try my best and yet was always the last few to complete the run. But I always completed the race not even recognizing that I would not be selected so it does not even matter if I don't finish. Many times I fell down and hurt myself but with bleeding knees I still completed the run. Year after year after year I kept participating until they allowed all of us despite being the last few to complete the race. For me the prize was not important. An opportunity to participate and a satisfaction to have completed the given task was important.
Life is a race. You may or may not win in the end but what matters is the fact that you availed all the opportunities you came across and stretched your muscles till the very end.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for reading my blog.I would be happy to receive your comment :)